Lodge Catering is extremely proud to announce that we recycle 100% of our food waste and have done since September 2009. This includes all cooked food items left over from events and raw food items (vegetable, meat, fish and used oils) generated by both of our kitchens.
Seasonal Menus and Organic
Our dinner menus are all seasonal by default and we are also happy to supply organic food at any event. However, we understand that the cost of sourcing organic alternatives is not a practical option in every case. If you would like more information or a quote, please email us. Organic food, by its very nature means that a seasonal menu will be followed.
Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance
Lodge Catering is pleased to support the Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance movements. All of the tea, coffee and sugar we serve is covered by one of the schemes.
Carbon Neutral water
We stock Carbon Neutral water and are happy to supply it for any event, be it in large or small bottles, which can be glass or plastic (please see recycling and biopackaging section below).
Lodge Catering operates a policy of recycling all glass, cardboard and plastics. Lodge halved its waste to landfill in the six months between March and September 2010 through a programme of active waste management and a push to recycling. This has been maintained ever since.
All of the eggs we purchase are Class A Free Range.
When asked for disposables Lodge Catering only supplies:
• Cups that are 100% biodegradable with a plant based (PLA) lining
• Paperboard hot food containers that are recyclable and made from renewable resources
• Wooden disposable cutlery that is 100% compostable and made from renewable resources
• Sandwich boxes that are 100% compostable and made from renewable resources
• Small “plastic” water bottles and “plastic” food containers are all corn starch based and 100% biodegradable
If you have any questions about any of the above, please feel to contact us.